In Madrid Region
La Granja Palace
Is a replica in miniature of the Palace of Versailles and was the summer residence of many Spanish kings up to Alfonso XIII.
University of Alcalá de Henares
- Alcalá de Henares and its University are a World Heritage Site. Once inside, it seems we have gone back centuries in time. It is worth seeing all the details of this city on the outskirts of Madrid.
Manzanares el Real Castle
- Probably the best-preserved castle in the entire Madrid Region, Manzanares el Real not only allows the traveller to enjoy its wonderful castle, but it also offers spectacular views of the swamp and the pedrizas of Madrid, as well as mountain food worth savouring.
Buitrago de Lozoya
- City founded by the Romans and walled by the Arabs. It was an important market city in the Region.
- Is one of the most picturesque towns in the Madrid. Its Main Square is worth seeing.
Real Monasterio of San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- Considered the Eighth Wonder of the World since the 16th Century, El Escorial is a gem created by king Felipe II and his architect Juan Bautista de Toledo in honour of the victory of the French in the Battle of St. Quentin. In the Monastery, you will find the Mausoleum in which many kings and queens of Spain of the Habsburg and Bourbon house are buried.
Palace of Aranjuez
- As one of the residences of the Spanish Royal Family, Aranjuez Palace is national heritage. Initially, Felipe II had Juan Bautista build, but the latter died before he could finish it. It wasn’t until two generations later that Carlos III could finish the palace that nowadays is the gem of Aranjuez.