If you like art and you enjoy visiting museums, don't miss the triangle of museums located in the Paseo del Prado, visit each one of them and contemplate works of the most famous painters of all times. Art is waiting for you!
- PRADO MUSEUM: The Prado Museum is one of the most picturesque places in Madrid, inside you can find large collections of paintings by renowned artists such as Las Pinturas Negras by Goya or Las Meninas by Velázquez among many other works of art.
- NAVAL MUSEUM: Learn about the maritime history of Spain over the years by visiting every corner of the naval museum.
- NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM: The National Archaeological Museum has a large collection of objects from prehistoric times to the 19th century. Currently remodelled, it conserves one of the most prized copies of the prehistoric caves of Altamira, famous for the history it houses inside. You will also find such distinguished treasures as the Lady of Elche and the Treasure of Guarrazar.
- REINA SOFÍA ART CENTRE: also known as the Reina Sofía Museum, it is located in the old San Carlos Hospital and is one of the most artistic places in Madrid. Inside you can find the valuable work El Guernica by Pablo Picasso, as well as La casa de la palmera by Joan Miró among others.
- THYSSEN BORNEMISZA MUSEUM: specialised in impressionist and post-impressionist art, you will be able to see works such as "Woman in the Bath" by Roy Liechtenstein or "The Bridge at Chairing Cross" by Claude Monet.
- CERRALBO MUSEUM: located in the former 19th century residence of the Marquis and Marquise of Cerralbo, the collection has more than 50,000 works including paintings, sculpture, ceramics, glass and archaeological objects, armour, tapestries, furniture, clocks and other objects.
- EL MATADERO: a former complex of pavilions that has now been converted into a small city dedicated mainly to culture, in these areas we can find:Naves del Español in Matadero, a scenic space where all kinds of activities such as performing arts, music, etc., are held. Casa del Lector, a space dedicated exclusively to literature.Cineteca: The only cinema in the country dedicated almost exclusively to non-fiction films.
.- FUNDACIÓN MAPFRE: Cultural and art centre with a large number of exhibitions of renowned artists such as Joan Miró and other artists of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- CAIXAFORUM: CaixaForum located in the art triangle of Madrid is a must if you visit Madrid, it is a cultural centre where temporary exhibitions of great relevance are held.